Popular Post

Posted by : Guardian-of-Fun-Times Sunday, December 21, 2014

"We go by many names, and take many forms. We bring wonder, hope. joy, and dreams. Our powers are greater than you ever imagined. My fellow Guardians, it's our job to protect the children of the world, and so I have called us all here for one reason and one reason only. For as long as they believe in us, we will guard them with our lives." - North

This event was targeted in mid December (20th) for Christmas during the festival of lights at downtown Riverside's Mission Inn. Enjoying the festivities and walking around garnered in cosplay to spread holiday cheer. Of course, there was a ton of children present. Guardians from every angle and aspect; from ROTG (Rise of the Guardians), Guardians of the Galaxy, Sailor Senshi from Sailor Moon, Sentai from Power Rangers, etc.

More than four million dazzling holiday lights, with appearances by Santa Claus, the world’s largest man-made mistletoe measuring 12’ x 8’, horse-drawn carriage rides, freshly fallen snow, an elaborately decorated Christmas tree in the hotel lobby and delectable holiday confections at the original famous Casey’s Cupcakes located at The Inn. The Mission Inn’s Festival of Lights is an annual gift to the community from property Owners Duane and Kelly Roberts who saved the historic landmark from destruction in 1992. The City of Riverside has adopted The Mission Inn’s Festival of Lights as a citywide initiative with a vision of a Dickensian holiday spectacle featuring lights and decorations throughout downtown Riverside, an outdoor ice-skating rink on the Main Street pedestrian mall, holiday vendors and family-friendly entertainment.

"This is going to be... EPIC!" - North


Our group was small, but was enjoyable never the less. Taking a big break from hard work and deadlines and replacing them with fun times. (Thus includes: Casual-Cannibal, Chiharu DawnCoolpizza23Julia J, Killer J, Leroy Jenkins, The Armored Rangers, and Stalker of Nyte.)

Santa Batman & Batgirl AKA Julia J

A big thanks to John and Julia for going out of their way to purchase gifts and toys to hand out for the children. The children were so happy and their smiles were unforgettable.

Jack Frost AKA Chiharu Dawn

I had such a wonderful time. Walking around, passing out gifts, and engaging with the crowd was a joy. Seeing the smiles on all those children's faces and receiving numerous hugs was just absolutely heart warming. "Some people are worth melting for..." - Olaf. Heck even the tips was a surprising plus. I made over ten dollars. I was walking around bare foot, so my legs went numb and I could hardly walk after it was time to leave, yet the entire time I was so bent up on staying in character. On top of that I'm caught some kinda sickness. The things you do for cosplay... I'm really proud of the improvement and the outcome of my Jack Frost cosplay appearance. I got a ton of photos with kids, but I had to narrow the number down to my eight favorites where I really made an impact on the children that I encountered.

Here's a good story while I was there. I was casually hanging around a light pole getting photos taken of me and this little boy, I think was age seven or eight, saw me and got so excited and started spazzing out. The gleam on his face was priceless. He pointed at me and yelled to his father: "Daddy, come look! Jack Frost is real! Hurry, your gonna miss him!" I climbed down off the light pole and waved to the boy and his father that came behind. His father asked me for a photo with his son and I gladly agreed. The boy blushed and covered his face due to embarrassment and slowly walked up to me. I rested my hand on his shoulder and the father took the photo. Immediately after, the boy ran away shyly and the father thanked me. I was caught for words and just nodded and smiled. Moments like these are to cherish.

Mario, Luigi, & Daisy AKA Casual-Cannibal and Leroy Jenkins

This awesome and lively threesome was so great.

Spiderman

Brian stealing the show as spidey.

The Yellow Ranger from The Armored Rangers

Video Footage by Coolpizza23

Its a great feeling to have your character recognized and appreciated by people, children especially. It brings smiles, laughter, and unforgettable memories. The best gift a cosplayer can bring.

Copyright © 2015. Chiharu Dawn. All rights reserved.

These photos may NOT be used, reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted, borrowed, duplicated, printed, downloaded, or uploaded in any way without my prior written permission. 
❤ どうもありがとうございます。Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Chiharu's Creative Corner - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -