Popular Post

Posted by : Guardian-of-Fun-Times Saturday, December 27, 2014

What a year it's been! Another year passing and another year as a cosplayer. Aside from the ups and downs, I'd have to say that this year was indeed better than the last. I give it two thumbs up and five golden stars. I've had the most fun this year cosplaying and it's all because of the wonderful friends I got to spend my time with. New people who I've met this year and other cosplayers who stuck by my side when I first started. It's the community that makes cosplay fun. I was able to do a lot more than I expected, experienced more, had loads of fun, as a lot of opportunities showed up at my door and came my way. Cosplay has opened many doors for me - doors I never thought could open for a girl like me - and I have been able to express myself in ways I never thought I could. Cosplay makes me feel beautiful and capable of doing just about anything as well as has helped me grow as a person. I made, remade, tweaked, and wore a lot of costumes this year. I really pushed my costuming skills and improved a lot especially from the helpful workshop days. My confidence in what I can tackle has gone up. Once again I made so many fantastic memories this year, and I'm looking forward to what next year holds. It's that time of year where I look back at what the heck I've done in the last 12 months for cosplay. Facebook has done a rather good job of reminding me, so I thought I should somehow acknowledge the year I've had.

Cosplay Brigade

Photography by: Kris Z. Blogging and Photography

I had such a wonderful time, you can't even imagine! I saw some new faces, made some new friends, and had tons of laughs. I got to do some amazing photo shoots with Killer J and Squallstorm which I couldn't wait to see the rest of the photos. My original keyblade, Wind's Requiem turned out to be a success even though that I was unable to attach the wings. Eh, I guess it looked pretty bad ass even without them then. Oh man, I face palmed myself pretty hard when I realized that I'd forgotten my silver cuffs to my gloves. So, while taking photos I was attempting to hide the fact that I didn't have them. Just like any day at a cosplay gathering, it ended at an epic night at Denny's with tons of puns, jokes, and napkin art. Did I mention that there was seven of us stuffed in Matthew-Chan's car. I was in the trunk smashed with Silent Knight. Never again... that bump from that railroad track scared the shit out of me.

Cosplay Adventures VIIII

Photography by: DDD Photography

I had such a great time even though the start of the event was rather slow and not much people had shown up. I got to see some new faces and make new friends which I'm always happy for. I had some photo shoots done by some amazing photographers. I couldn't wait to get them back and share them and the one's that I did get (which was really quick, if I might say) were so AWESOME that I literally squealed! Denny's was the way to end the day as always because there's nothing better then having a group of goof ball friends talking and laughing while gathered round a table.

Riverside Cosplay Gathering: Summer

Photography by: KTD Photography-Film

I would've posted a preview image of the cosplay that I was wearing that morning like I always did, but I was running late trying to rush myself out the door. I had such a BLAST! I saw some friends that I have and made at previous cosplay gatherings as well as meeting new people and seeing new faces. It's always such a pleasure. I had some lively photo shoots from some incredible photographers and I couldn't wait to get the images back and share them. Some of them I got back extremely quick. It only proves that they're AWESOME level is extremely high. As expected from an epic cosplay gathering, ending the day at Denny's. Lot's of laughs and jokes. Oh, I will never forget this... Franky fell asleep next to me and everyone rushed to take a photo. Now the embarrassment haunts him all over Facebook.

Anime Expo


Read Here: LINK

Club Cosplay - The Nerds' Night


Club Cosplay - Nightclub was an absolute rush for my first time. I had so much fun. Driving in to the parking lot, our group spotted the time machine from back to the future arriving. The hilarious Bernie Bregman was our Master of Ceremonies for the entire evening and hosted by the beautiful cosplayer LeeAnna Vamp. A special shout out to my two friends, Cherry Blossom who cosplayed as female Hidan from Naruto and Edwardo as Arrow from Justice League who entered the amateur and professional cosplay contest with guest judges: Fanboy Brandon, Dave Turner, Ivy Doomkitty, and Lauren Bregivan owner of Castle Corsetry. They did so great. The mighty Songhammer performed a full set of a totally unique new club concept as well as a dance performance by the TMNT. There was a special appearance by Jason Ybarra, from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Dweebcast filmed live.

<——–(o...O...o)——–>

Overall 2014 was a pretty bad ass year of cosplay for me! I can't wait to make 2015 even bigger and better! My New Year's resolution for 2015, I'm hoping to be a lot more active than what I am now and get more artwork/blog entries/cosplays done because I've been rather lazy on my part. A fight against procrastination. Don't worry, I'm not going to be a post whore spamming your guy's notifications with all my stuff. Rest assured. I also want to improve more my skills and hone them as well as meet new fans, friends, other cosplayers, photographers, and to overall make cosplay about having fun rather than a competition.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Chiharu's Creative Corner - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -