Popular Post

Posted by : Guardian-of-Fun-Times Sunday, January 11, 2015

A post about the direction, dreams, an aspirations for my lolita wardrobe. I have a lot of things planned in the future as for lolita, but am also flying by the seat of my pants a bit. I think putting things into a list or even just this post is a good idea so I can come back and reflect or just remind myself of where I want to go and what I want to do with my collection. Resolutions resolutions resolutions.  A lot can change in a year- lives, tastes, pathways we walk, people we meet that influence us. Life is interesting like that though. We're always evolving as humans and with such we seem to always change what we want and feel we need. However... my resolutions never seem to change at least not by much.



***

1) OBTAIN AT LEAST TWO OF THE PRINT PIECES I REALLY LOVE.

I have a couple of these and while I know it seems almost showboat of me there are reasons I really love these dresses. To me it's not about popularity or anything of the such, as I know a good deal of them are indeed very "popular" by lolita standards. It's more of me loving the print itself. It's like art to me. If I could just have bought fabric of it I would make all the things!

2) FULLY CONSTRUCT A FEW OF THE DRESSES I HAVE DOODLED DESIGNS FOR!

It's almost an addiction for me that, ever since I first discovered what lolita was ten years ago, that I would doodle out designs for a "lolita" dress. Of course so many of them by today's standards would be considered "ita" to a lot of people: lace everywhere and large headdresses. That's what was popular back then. I've come up with some seriously cute ideas! Stay tuned for those. Angelic Pretty should seriously hire me.

3) SEW MY OWN BLOUSES, SKIRTS, AND DRESSES.

Lolita attire, in my opinion, is one of those things that are just so insanely prices that it boggles my mind. I've broken down the costs and so a, newly bought, brand dress generally has a "reasonable" price given costs, labor, materials and such. A garment, unless full of details, is just pretty fabric marked up due to a brand's name. To be honest I don't often find pieces I actually like! So I plan to start sewing my own. This way I can cut and style them better for my body and not run the risk of measurement A or B not fitting right on a bought item.

4) STREAMLINE MY WARDROBE WITH VERSATILE PIECES. 

My interests are too broad and I need to simplify my wardrobe. So shoes, accessories, etc all can be used within multiple outfits. Less clutter the better!

5) BUY  ONE "DREAM WISHLIST" ITEM.

Self explanatory actually.

6) MAKE MORE LOLITA FRIENDS!

Either local or, well, at least as close as Riverside, CA or something. I really would like more people to hang out with and enjoy kawaii dresses with.

7) WEAR A LOLITA CORD AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH.

I wore a grand total of four this year. It becomes my "I don't want to wear a cosplay, but I still want to look cute" default I fall back on.

8) CREATE VIDEOS SHOWING OF THE DETAIL OF OUTFITS I CONSTRUCT.

I've been doing this through pictures I post, but I want to also try and post videos on Youtube as much as I possibly can.

9) STOP BUYING THINGS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE CUTE. 

I've got a huge problem with this. I love cute things. it's a weak spot for me! Instead of buying something just because it's cute I need to consider if it will even look good on me or fit right.

***

Goals are goals I've got to start somewhere!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Chiharu's Creative Corner - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -