Popular Post

Posted by : Guardian-of-Fun-Times Saturday, January 10, 2015

I've yet to do a cosplay resolutions post and thus I really think one is overdue. I never make plans with my cosplays anymore and tend to fly by the seat of my pants, so to speak. I really want to pick up my game more this year and push myself to make more cosplays. I always work so slow and enthusiastically on things that it's almost... sad. Not saying there's anything wrong with being slow at it; just that I personally know I work too damn slow and I'm able to do so much more. So I'm making myself some hefty resolutions for cosplay this year!

***

1) FINISH EVERYTHING YOU ALREADY HAVE STARTED.

I have a ton of cosplays half finished, hanging up, or things I put aside to work on other "more important" cosplays. I think at current my KNOWN amount of unfinished is somewhere around thirteen?

2) FINISH ONE COSPLAY PER MONTH. 

This is going to be difficult, but it doesn't necessarily have to be something I've made from scratch. I have a ton of characters I want to do and so I need to step it up with my production speeds!

3) MAKE ARMOR. 

I have little knowledge in this from the cosplay workshop I attended last year in October, so it's time to work with what I already know and learn some more.

4) LEARN TO WORK MORE WITH LEDS. 

I believe I can figure this out. I have a lot of things I want to make all glowy and neat, but it's always kind of intimidated me a bit. Maybe once I learn to work with worbla the LEDs won't be so daunting.

5) BUY AND LEARN HOW TO USE A SERGER.

I've been wanting to learn to use one for many years now. I haven't though to purchase one, but the more I try to work with materials the more I want one.

***

I know I'm setting some pretty darn lofty goals, but these are all things I've been wanting to do for some time now; so putting them down really makes me feel like I have to commit to upping my game and advancing my skills. Let's do this!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Chiharu's Creative Corner - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -